Tried a similar recipe from Rick Bayless's Mexican cookbook.......Very easy and quick to make if you are having a lot of guests over.
4 medium sized apples- sliced into 1 inch thick slices
4 Bartlett pears- sliced into 1 inch thick slices
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP honey
1 TBSP white sugar
For the crumble
1-1/2 cup unbleached flour (all-purpose/maida)
5-6 TBSP unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4th cup white sugar
semi-crushed roasted almonds, walnuts and pistachios
1. Heat a large flat bottom skillet like pan and place the butter in it, when it melts arrange the apple and pear slices on it, add the sugar and honey and let it turn brown a little on both sides till the fruit is soft and there is little juice left.
2. Arrange the slices in a baking pan.
3. Mix the all-purpose flour, salt, butter, cinnamon, sugar in a bowl with your hands till it has a crumbly texture
4. Add the crushed nuts in the end.
5. Sprinkle this mix over the fruits and bake it in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees for about approx. 20 minutes till crisp and brown.
6. Serve warm with some vanilla icecream.